Wednesday, February 3, 2010

a celebration (belatedly)

This is my friend Peyton:
(center; names and pic used with appropriate permissions)

She's amazing, inspirational, and totally fabulous!  (And she makes an incomparable pound cake, but that's a different blog.)

Back on the 12.5 mile Silver Comet weekend, she was running 26 miles.  Yes - 26.  It took 3 separate groups of runners to pace and support her through it, but I'm proud to have been part of that team and so very proud of her accomplishment.  I was in the first group and, honestly, she was clearly in the zone right from the start -- laughing and singing as we took off in the dark.  I wasn't able to stick around for the second half of her run, but this picture says it all.

Of the half dozen or so of us that started out in the full marathon training group (30/1 version) back in August, she's the only one that's made it to through the whole program.  (I dropped at 17 miles; various injuries and circumstances have slowed the rest of us or diverted us back into the half group.)  But on that Saturday morning, Peyton gives me hope that I can do it, too.

Just wait until Jax!  17 days and counting...

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails