Friday, July 16, 2010

just around the corner....

So next up is the Disneyland Half Marathon on Labor Day weekend -- running for my Coast-to-Coast bonus medal.  Earlier in the year when Disney was doing the Give a Day; Get a Day program, I was fortunate enough to get in on the action.  (I gardened!  It was fun!)

So I have a free one-day ticket to a park.  Combine that with a relatively cheap flight to LAX and a very reasonably priced hotel and how could I not do it?

I've been doing ok with my mileage (8 this Sat) but I'm a little worried about Aug.  Breast Cancer Marathon/Half Marathon training starts at the beginning of Aug (i.e., mileage drop) so I'm going to need to get in some supplemental miles that month.

If I get picked up by the bus, neither medal comes home with me.  I can't let that happen!

AND WATCH THIS SPACE:  Coming up on Monday, my first ever blog giveaway, just in time for fall training kickoffs.

6 comments:

  1. So they are really serious about picking people up who don't keep up the pace? I am doing the Food & Wine 1/2 and I am worried about that! I guess I really have to kick the training up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can slip past the 16 min pace a bit but I saw pricesses getting picked up about a half mile to a mile behind me at the Princess Half in March. Luckily at that point, I was almost into Epcot and knew that once I got close to the park, they couldn't pull the bus in after me! ;) I finished in 3:35ish - 5 min outside the official 3:30 limit and there were about 500 people slower than me on the final results. But I was really pushing (for me) the whole time -- no stopping for pics with the Princes for this chunky girl!
    I'm not sure about Disneyland -- travel agent who assisted with my hotel made it sound like very few people got picked up last year (AND last years results have a bunch of 4+ hr times), so that's good.
    I'm doing Wine & Dine, too, and it's my first nighttime half -- I'm a little worried about it, too! Also, no prior year results to look at...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be doing that race next year after I do the Disney Princess so I can get the big medal. I'll keep my fingers crossed the temperatures stay down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I'll be routing for you!

    That's my next goal (Coast to Coast) if I survive the Princess Half-Marathon in Feb. My brother happens to live 10 minutes away from Disneyland and my parents live 15 minutes away from Disney World!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely am doing this because I made the time cut on Princess this year. Who knows what next year will bring and I really want that big medal! :)
    (And I loooove the Princess. It's just the best race.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails